Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Sprained Ankle

Don't you just hate it when an injury or sickness keeps you from doing what you need to do? I HATE that!

My husband and I have been working hard to finish up a kitchen reno we've been working on for 3 months now. This is our last week there, so all those little details need to be finished. Last week I took a couple of days off, because I hurt my back.  I sat at home unable to work on the Reno and  unable to get things done in my own home. Grrr!  Same type of thing happened on Monday.

 I worked on the reno, got groceries, drove home so happy. The sun was shining, little glimpses of green popping out of the brown snow. (Isn't it so ugly this time of year?)
I arrived home, and made one trip in the house with an armful of groceries. I stepped out our back door to go back for more. As I sprung out the door, I stepped down and rolled my ankle on our welcome mat!  Hold on....That's not it...there's more. I rolled my ankle, insert loud cracking noise here, fell off the step and landed directly in the muddy flower bed below. (This was the second time this EXACT thing happened since October...Don't laugh). It knocked the wind out of me. I could barely breathe, and I couldn't move. I was SO angry. It was the same icky "Oh my gosh, I cannot believe that just happened, I have WAY too much to do in my life" feeling...You know, that one?
I finally threw out the doormat


I let our homeowner know what happened. She was great, and directed me to a physical therapist who also specializes in pain management.
Indeed, I have a bad sprain. While assessing my damage, I mentioned that I have dislocated my shoulder 9 times in 23 years, and have lost mobility for the last 15. Through breathing techniques and light pressure, he helped me get more mobility in my shoulder than I have ever had. It was amazing. We talked about foods and the benefit of cutting certain things out. Why gluten intolerance has become more prevalent in recent years and how antibiotics in meat is basically killing people. It was an amazing experience, unlike any "healthcare" experience I have ever had. I will be going back.



Do  you have an amazing alternative healthcare provider that you trust?

No comments:

Post a Comment