Friday, April 25, 2014

My Deeto

Back when my family first moved into this little square farmhouse, all I had were brothers. I had six. Six brothers. Every time my mother had another boy I would weep. Seriously weep. Don't get me wrong, I always loved my brothers, every single one. But my heart longed for a sister. One I could dress up and brush her hair and tell secrets to. I wanted to share all the girl stuff with a sister of my very own.
After my baby brothers would be home for a while, I would initiate each one by dressing them up like a girl. (Not my two older brothers of course, no telling what would happen to me if I tried! ) There are photos to prove I did it, but won't dare post a picture without approval. (No telling what would happen to me if I tried!)
When I was 14 years old The Lord answered my prayers and finally gave me my precious baby sister, Rachel Anna Sheldon. I was so happy to see that she had bright blue eyes like my mama. Oh, I loved her SO much. To this day, we have never had a real fight. I'm sure our age difference had a lot to do with that.

When she learned to talk, she would look at me with those big blue eyes, stroke my hand with her little pudgy one, tilt her head to the side, and say, "Oh...my deeto."  Translation: "My sister". Yes, her sister, and she is my Deeto, too. We call each other by that name. I love it.



My Deeto is active and rocks at anything she does. She is way more adventurous than me. I'm afraid of getting hurt. Not my Deeto. She has a weird ability to be the biggest tomboy, yet the the most feminine.


She always ran with the boys


 She's mastered clothing, hair and make-up. To be honest, I'm much too lazy in the grooming department.
Rachel Anna Sheldon AKA, My Deeto

My Deeto has a heart of gold. Everyone that meets her loves her, She is one of the most gentle, compassionate people I have ever met...and talented... SO talented. She sings, writes music, plays guitar, piano, banjo, flute...really anything she wants to play she does. My Deeto loves children and children love her. Parents love her. I love her..So, SO much. She was blessed with so much beauty and many talents and abilities, but my sister always, always gives The Lord credit for all things. Spiritually, I look up to my baby Deeto. She a has faith that could move mountains. She is SO beautiful.

Recently, my baby sister met some one. THE one. The one she has been waiting for and has been praying for her whole life...And they are getting married... TODAY.
She is marrying an awesome guy, Mr. Adam Jones in Kentucky. I'm so happy that my baby Deeto has found love. *Sigh*


(First "official" date)


Best wishes to my beautiful baby Deeto and her Soon-to-be (at 6:00 P.M.) husband Adam Jones! Welcome to the family, Adam! I Love you both!!! Have a wonderful day!!

(They will have a big Sheldon-style wedding later this year in Wisconsin, which I am very much looking forward to!)

6 comments:

  1. That's beautiful Leah!:) she is a beautiful girl who I also got the privilege of being big sister to when she lived with us for a few years! I'm so happy she has met Adam and that this day has finally come!! Love you both!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! Thank you, Jen! And you made such a good big sister too! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so very blessed to have met your "deeto"... She is an incredibly beautiful and amazing asset to our family.. I look forward to meeting you ALL one day. Rest assured, your deeto is so very loved, not only by Adam, but by his whole family. God is amazing :) (with love from Adam's cousin, Tammy)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Tammy!
    It's so nice to know that my baby Deeto has 2 loving families now! I look forward to meeting you one day!
    and yes, God is SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leah, this is such a wonderful blog about your baby Deeto!! I was so blessed with two wonderful daughters who love each other so much!! :) <3 <3

    ReplyDelete