Thursday, May 1, 2014

Cold Weather, Hot Soup & A Warm Heart

It's been raining (some snowing) here for a week now. Alright already, Wisconsin. I'm fed up.

Speaking of being fed... First, "A rabbit trail", as my mom calls it.

 Days like the cold, damp ones we've been having lately really takes a toll on me. It's hard on my body and mood, and I dislike being out in it. (I know I'm not alone in this)
Yesterday, however, I had to go out. My husband and I are in the middle of a few projects right now and a client needed some tile samples. So off I went. We live out in the country, so we try to get as much done on these trips as possible. After I was done finding samples, I stopped at Trader Joe's to get a few things. I've heard a lot about the store, but have never actually made a purchase there...

Okay, it's my new favorite grocery store. It was worth going out for. :)

I got everything on my list for a new soup I wanted to try, plus normal stuff for under $40.


Here is the recipe I couldn't wait to try: Edie's creamy chicken tortilla soup, is 
D E L I S H and very quick and easy to make. 



I made this soup for lunch today. It was just what our bodies needed around here and this damp, cold day. Then, when I went out to the studio, I found something that warmed my heart...


Even at 18 years old, my Hannah thinks to leave little (quickly written) notes to let me know that she loves me. *sigh* 











No comments:

Post a Comment