Thursday, April 24, 2014

New Cookbook Shelf

My kitchen has very little storage. It's the original 1920's kitchen...2 little upper cabinets, and a 10 foot bank of lowers. When I moved back in 5 years ago, I added shelves on the wall by the range. They have been great for mason jars full of rice, beans and noodles and other sundries.  An antique dresser has been handy storage for my baking sheets and pans, but my cookbooks have never really had a good home in my kitchen. I finally figured something out this morning.

I have a small cabinet that wasn't being used very well. It held a large slow-cooker and a waffle iron, but not much else fit. I thought it might make a good cookbook shelf, so I took the door off the hinges.



As it turns out, my cookbooks fit perfectly. I even had room to store some bowls that have been taking up my precious counter space. I put my rarely used books on the bottom shelf, and the ones I use most often on the top.


Of course, no cookbook shelf is complete without a cute little mouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment