Monday, June 16, 2014

Little Bistro Face-Lift

When I was young I went to a lot of garage sales. It's something I still like to do, but don't get a chance to do often. It's like treasure hunting... I love it! There's nothing like rooting through some one else's junk and finding something special, better yet, something I need!

In my mid 20's I had a perfect little space for a bistro table and chairs, so I began looking for a set. Within no time, I found a little brown set with beige cushions. (I know...delightful.) The price was great. I purchased it for $25!  I wish I had "before" pictures of that!
I spray painted the set red, and it lasted for years. A few days ago I decided it was time for another redo.

Red is one of my favorite colors, so I bought the most inexpensive red spray paint I could find ($1.52 a can at wal-mart) and sprayed away. (I only needed one can!) Then, I tackled the cushions.



I had left-over outdoor fabric from another project that is fade resistant, but if it rains it still gets wet. I decided to remedy this by purchasing a yard of heavy, clear vinyl to layer over the fabric.

Since the old cushions were destroyed, I bought some outdoor plywood and cut new bases for the seats. Then, I used left-over seat foam from my piano bench project, and cut out the rounds.






I used a staple gun to attach the vinyl and fabric to the base.





My little bistro set will continue to be a great spot for morning coffee for years to come!










No comments:

Post a Comment